Botox Cosmetic® works to smooth existing wrinkles within days and with continued use helps to eliminate targeted wrinkles completely, resulting in a rested and refreshed appearance.
A Botox® Cosmetic treatment involves precise injections to relax the dynamic muscles that form unwanted expression lines. This treatment smooths wrinkles, relieves a stressed or tired look, and counteracts aging.
During your complimentary consultation, we will customize a Botox® Cosmetic treatment designed to meet your aesthetic goals.
Before & After
During the consult, we spend time learning about your objectives. We take photos so you can show us what you are excited about. Based on what you share, we can then recommend the best treatment plan to get you the outcome you want.
Derma Spa client
See bottom of page to set up a complimentary consultation with one of our providers. *Client has provided express written consent to share their photos.
Botox® Cosmetic is $11/unit. Investment varies based on patient objectives.
Number of Treatments
1 or more
Are Botox® Cosmetic treatments safe?
Botox® Cosmetic has been licensed in Canada since 1990 as a safe and effective treatment for a variety of medical conditions. In 2001, Health Canada approved Botox® Cosmetic for wrinkles therapy, and it has been proven to be safe through extensive research and testing.
Will my face still have expression?
Botox® Cosmetic is intended to enhance the way you look, not change it. When administered by an experienced injector, you can still be expressive. The treatment only relaxes the muscles beneath the lines at the point of injection, so the other elements of your facial expression remain active. It also has no effect on the sensory nerves, so you will have normal feeling in the treated areas.
What areas can be treated?
Common areas treated with Botox® Cosmetic are:
- Frontalis – smooth forehead expression lines
- Glabella – smooth furrow between eyes
- Crows feet – smooth expression lines around eyes
- Chin – reduce wrinkling or dimpling in chin area
- Masseter muscles – facial slimming
- Platysmal bands – improve neck lines
- Brow lift – elevate eyebrow height
- Lip flip – enhance upper lip volume
How long does treatment take?
A Botox® Cosmetic procedure is quick, simple, and there’s no downtime. Following a facial analysis by your injector and a discussion on your desired outcome, the procedure itself only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to perform.
What is the treatment like?
A small amount of Botox® Cosmetic is injected very precisely into the muscle being treated. A very fine needle and a small amount of liquid is used so the pain associated with the injection is minimal. The sensation has been compared to a pinch. No sedation or local anesthetic is required, and you can quickly resume normal activities.
How soon will I see a difference?
You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours with maximum benefit seen after 2 weeks.
How long does the treatment last?
Results last up to four months for moderate to severe frown lines. Remember that results vary from patient to patient, so you and your injector can plan your next appointment based on your results and aesthetic goals.
Are there creams that are better than Botox® Cosmetic?
No, creams do not have the same effect. Botox® Cosmetic works below the surface to relax the muscles that cause the lines and wrinkles to form. As creams work on the surface of the skin, skin care products may be recommended for use in conjunction with Botox® Cosmetic treatments. To learn more about our skin care lines, click here.
Is Botox Cosmetic® only for women?
Not at all! Many men make BOTOX® Cosmetic part of what they do to care for their appearance.
The number of men choosing treatments like BOTOX® Cosmetic is quickly increasing. When surveyed, the majority of men say their appearance matters to them; 80% would choose to treat their crow’s feet first, while 74% would prioritize their forehead lines, and 60% would most like to treat their frown lines.
How much does the treatment cost?
Botox® Cosmetic is $11/unit. The costs associated with a Botox® Cosmetic treatment are dependent on the amount of product needed and the areas of the face being treated. We offer complimentary consultations to provide information, treatment plans, and pricing.
What are the risks and contr-indications?
- Minor swelling or bruising may develop at the injection site
- Some patients may develop a mild headache post-treatment
- Rarely, some patients may develop ptosis, a temporary drooping of the eyelid following frown-line injections
Botox® Cosmetic is NOT an option if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have a history of neurological disease
What to expect after your treatment
- Contract the injected muscles for 30 minutes post-treatment
- For 4 hours post-treatment:
- Keep head upright
- Do not rub or massage injection sites
- Avoid vigorous exercise
- Avoid facials, peels, microneedling, laser treatments, etc for 1 week – we recommend you schedule these procedures prior to treatment
- You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours with maximum benefit seen after 10-14 days
- Occasionally patients require additional product or a touch up – please follow up with your injector within 2 weeks if you have questions or concerns