Belkyra® (aka Kybella)
Say goodbye to your double chin.
BELKYRA® is an aesthetic procedure called Kybella Injectable in the United States and Belkyra Injectable in Canada and is FDA and Health Canada approved as a safe injectable substance that is used to reduce and potentially eliminate fat under the chin. The goal is a non-surgical and non-invasive removal of the double chin.
Before & After
During the consult we spend time learning about your objectives. We take photos and you are able to show us what you’re excited about. Based on what you share, we are best able to recommend a treatment plan to get you the outcome you want.
Derma Spa client
See bottom of page to set up a complimentary consultation with one of our providers. *Client has provided express written consent to share his/her photos.
Starting from $1,200 per treatment.
Number of Treatments
1 or more
Is Belkyra right for me?
Belkyra may be right for you if:
- You’re bothered by fullness under the chin
- Surgery is not an option for you
- You eat well and exercise, but fullness under your chin does not go away
How is Belkyra administered?
Belkyra is typically given in a 15-20 minute in-office treatment session. Your doctor will administer a series of injections into the area under your chin at each treatment session.
Your doctor will customize your Belkyra treatment based on your treatment goals. Together, you will decide the treatment plan that’s right for you.
How many treatments will I need?
Many patients treated with Belkyra experience visible improvement of their chin profile in 2 to 4 treatments. Some people require up to 6 treatments in order to achieve results. Once your goals have been met, re-treatment is not expected.
What is the recovery time following a treatment?
For most patients, downtime is minimal and occurred most commonly after the first treatment session. When scheduling your treatments, keep your social plans and work commitments in mind.
What are the risks and contraindications?
- Swelling or bruising may develop at the injection site.
- The most common side effects are swelling, discomfort and numbness.
- It is important to keep your head upright and not rub or massage the injection site, for 4 hours post injections.
What to expect after your treatment
For the first 24 hours after treatment, avoid:
- Strenuous exercise.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Extended exposure to sun, heat or freezing temperature.
- Use ice on the swollen areas to help reduce swelling and redness. Do not apply heat to the injected areas.