No more cover ups.It's the fast and easy way to treat visible veins, skin discolouration and wrinkles. No more hiding behind concealer.
The Cutera Excel V + laser system can treat more than 20 different types of skin discoloration and vascular skin conditions, including sun spots, age spots, rosacea, spider veins, acne scars, port-wine stains, cherry angiomas, and scars. It’s safe for all skin types and skin tones.
The Excel V + treats skin concerns with two wavelengths:
- The 532 nm wavelength treats superficial vascular lesions like rosacea, redness, and spider veins.
- The 1064 nm wavelength treats deeper, darker vascular lesions, such as veins around the legs and eyes, as well as venous lakes (benign vascular lesions that commonly affect the lips, face, and ears) and vascular malformations.
Starting from $300 per treatment. Packages available.
Number of Treatments
3 - 6
What are the pros and cons of Excel V+ treatment?
- The laser has a spot size that adjusts between 2 mm and 12 mm, so it can treat a wide range of skin conditions very precisely. Some doctors on RealSelf consider the Excel V the new gold standard for treating abnormal blood vessels on the face.
- It’s safe for all skin types and skin tones, and it can be used anywhere on the face and body to treat pigmentation issues.
- Each treatment session is fast, usually taking 15–20 minutes.
- There’s minimal discomfort. Patients usually feel a stinging sensation like a rubber band snap. A topical anesthetic, applied prior to treatment, can help numb the skin, and the handpiece’s proprietary cooling mechanism prevents overheating.
- Side effects, including redness and swelling, usually resolve within a few days. You can typically wear makeup and return to normal activities immediately.
- Swelling can be significant if the treatment is performed aggressively, so be sure to discuss aftercare with your provider.
- It’s normal for blood vessels to become darker—“bruise-like”—or more noticeable following treatment, before resolving after a few weeks.
- Avoiding direct sun exposure on the treated area for two weeks before and after treatment is recommended.
- The intense pulsed light (IPL) might be better treatment options for addressing diffuse redness.
How soon will you see Excel V+ results, and how long do they last?
It takes time for the full results to develop, but many patients see an immediate and significant improvement in pigmented lesions after just one session. This has earned Excel V + a reputation as the laser that wows.
However, results aren’t permanent, and touch-up treatments every one to three years may be necessary to maintain them.
How long will the treatments take?
Treatment time depends on the area of the body being treated. However, most treatments should take less than one hour.
How does it work?
The laser works by delivering high-power pulses of green laser light energy that cause the blood within the vein to coagulate. This eventually destroys the vessels, which are gradually resorbed by your body. Blood flow is then redirected to veins deeper below the skin’s surface. Removing telangiectasia and other vascular lesions may require multiple sessions, spaced four to six weeks apart.
Treated brown spots will darken and slough off within three to six days. If only certain spots were treated versus a broad area, it’s quite normal to have some bumpiness from swelling. Swelling should calm down within one to three days, though your provider may recommend a topical steroid, to reduce swelling.
One major advantage of the Excel V laser is that it can be dialed down to precisely treat small areas, making it possible for the laser to eradicate some veins or brown spots in one or two sessions. While most lasers take multiple sessions to achieve noticeable results, many procedures performed with the Excel V will require the least number of treatments.”
To minimize discomfort and increase safety, the Excel V + provides continuous, adjustable cooling.