We Don’t Rush
My name is Heather, and I work at Derma Spa as a Registered Nurse. On any given day you can find me doing skin consults, laser treatments, Coolsculpting and helping out the front desk as needed. I returned to work in January after spending the year on maternity leave. I have a 16 month old daughter, and a four and a half year old son, so life is busy on all fronts.
As Derma Spa is temporarily closed due to Covid 19, my time has been spent fully at home with the kids, trying to keep them entertained. My partner is also at home, but he is still able to work during the day, so we have a full house!
A typical day here starts early, but we don’t rush anywhere first thing. We hang around the house and yard in the morning, which allows me to try to fit in a home workout while the kids play, and then I make lunch for everyone — no more eating out for us! Who isn’t spending more time in the kitchen both cooking and eating?! While getting used to this new, restricted lifestyle has been an adjustment, I always make time for my morning and evening skin care routine. I find that I enjoy this daily ritual because it’s something I do that’s just for me, as most of the day is spent taking care of the rest of the family — I know I’m not alone in that department. Frankly, these days are stressful and full of new uncertainties so we can’t forget to spend some time on ourselves.
Here’s a general snapshot of my morning skincare regimen.
- Cleanse with the ZO Exfoliating Cleanser, which makes my skin feel super clean.
- Follow up with the ZO Renewal Pads, which provide exfoliation and prepare the skin for the next steps.
- Apply ZO Growth Factor Serum to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Add SkinMedica Lytera, which helps reduce brown spots and prevents future hyper pigmentation.
- Follow up with iS Clinical Super Serum Advance, as it provides powerful antioxidant protection and brightens the skin.
- Then a layer of ZO Daily Power Defense, which also provides antioxidant protection and promotes overall good skin health.
- I make sure to include iS Clinical Reparative Moisture Emulsion, which provides amazing hydration and gives my skin a healthy glow.
- I wrap up with Tizo tinted mineral sunscreen to shield my skin from the sun.
I apply the products to my face and neck, and if I have leftover product I use it on my hands. Since I have been washing my hands so much during this pandemic (and, as a nurse and mom I’m always washing my hands anyway), I’ve been using the Reparative Moisture Emulsion by iS Clinical to keep my hands hydrated and soft.
My evening skincare routine is very similar, but I swap out the iS Clinical Super Serum Advance for the iS Clinical Active Serum — an amazing product that does a lot! It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, evens skin tone, and has corrected the occurrence of my hormonal blemishes, which is exceptionally helpful after having a baby. It also provides a refreshing, cooling sensation when applied, thanks to the botanically-based ingredients.
I love working at Derma Spa and enjoy creating treatment plans to help clients reach their skin care goals and so I hope you all find your rhythm — in life and in skin care routines! I also hope the Covid 19 pandemic will be over as soon as possible as I’m sure for you, as for me, it still feels quite surreal. In the meantime, I will continue to follow social distancing, good hand washing, staying home, and completing my daily skin care routine and hope these simple steps will help lead all of us towards a healthier future.